Recovery in Russia

OMG--look what I found when looking for some speakers tapes I've done--an old article I had forgotten about when I used to work in Russia! I had forgotten what a great sense of humor those slovacks have! Below is a favorite memory--the whole article brought back delightful memories--take a look:

Recovery in Russia: "I noticed a mini museum of AA memorabilia from around the country. I saw a bottle from Pskov carved out of wood by sober alkies with the likeness of Christ, a Serenity Prayer candle from Ekaterinburga, a huge medallion carved from wood from Tomsk, and a Camel from Poland. When I asked what the dolls from Chernigov represented that featured a Babushka carrying an old man, Olya quipped, “You don’t recognize co-dependency?”"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments with others. share your experience and your thoughts. It helps others when you post something.

About This Site

  From Samsa: Title: Overdose Awareness Day Date and Time: August 31, 2022, 6:30 p.m. (EST) Location: American University Sponsor: Dep...