Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from November, 2013

Natural High Natural High – A Drug Prevention Program Inspiring and Helping Youth

This is a site I just discovered aimed at helping kids find their "natural high" as opposed to using and abusing drugs. Probably won't have much of an impact on the action brain chemistry disorder of addiction--but it can make a dent in simple abuse. I don't know though. I think of when I used in high school--I would not have gone to a site like this--I would have thought it lame. I remember when AA came out with a comic book (sooo long ago) to help kids understand AA and help them into sobriety. All of us young people thought it such a joke--if given the comic book, a teenager in trouble with drugs was more likely to use it roll a joint then to read it. A teens job is to break away from adults and find their own independence, so trying to help them when their "job" is to break away from us is problematic. I doubt this site would help teens, but I believe it would help pre teens because they want to be older. So material designed for older kids is gobbl

Man dies after accidentally drinking £34,000 of crystal meth thinking it was a HEALTH DRINK | Mail Online

Here is a sad story about drugs gone wrong--I feel sorry for the daughter here. However, some people think she was murdering her father and the story is suspicious. Others think the media are dolts for blaming this on the series "Breaking Bad." To me, the most interesting part of the story are the comments after the story. Read the story below, but most important, read the comments--incredible! Man dies after accidentally drinking £34,000 of crystal meth thinking it was a HEALTH DRINK | Mail Online : "A man has died after drinking a massive overdose of liquid crystal meth after mistaking it for a health drink. Romano Dias, 55, had been given a bottle of what appeared to be a fruit-based drink by his daughter Katee, who had found it in a package delivered to her home. After downing about half a glass of the liquid he immediately began to feel ill and died shortly afterwards. Police say that finding the drug in the UK is very unusual, but crystal meth has been brought