Children of drug addicts learn they aren’t alone at a heartbreaking weekend camp

I can't think of a better idea. I wanted to do a book for kids titled "How do you Deal with your Alcoholic Dog?" My thinking was this would give kids a way to explore a parent's addiction in a non threatening way---but my daughter, the rather famous children's book writer, told me that parents would never accept the book and since its the parents who buy the books...I had to agree. So what do we do for these kids?



This looks perfect!!! A camp where they can talk about it around the campfire--amid the other activities..I love this idea! Read about it here.

Children of drug addicts learn they aren’t alone at a heartbreaking weekend camp - The Washington Post: "These are kids who live every day with the demons that haunt adults. Some are already in foster care, or D.C.’s shelter for homeless families or bouncing between Auntie’s and Grandma’s houses. A few also are dealing with drug use that has bled from the adults in the family to their older siblings."


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments with others. share your experience and your thoughts. It helps others when you post something.

About This Site

  From Samsa: Title: Overdose Awareness Day Date and Time: August 31, 2022, 6:30 p.m. (EST) Location: American University Sponsor: Dep...